Saturday, July 04, 2009

Tour de Fleece Day One:

Today's progress: Finished spinning up my June SCF/Irises (I'd only spun an ounce or so beforehand). I wanted to spin something thicker for a change, and reached my goal with worsted-ish weight and approx. 225 yards, pre-bath at least. Apparently I was doing something right today because it's super airy and squishy. :)

Then I wound the last of my May Spunky Club/Pansy singles into a center pull ball and plied those up into a mini-skein. That was.... annoying. I'll have to try that wrapping around your wrist thingy/technique (highly technical I know) with my next leftover singles or bite the bullet and practice n-plying again even though I hate doing it on the wheel.

Anyway, glad I got a lot done today, I'm sure there will be days I won't feel like doing much so I'm going to get as much done as possible while I'm motivated!

IMG_0534

Wow, the colors look awful in that pic. LOL. I'm too tired to try again, so that will have to do for day 1.

No comments: