Friday, January 26, 2007

Spindle Socks


Pattern: Spindle Socks
Yarn: DB Baby Cashmerino
Needles: #2 US
Adjustments: I messed up on the cable twists my first round, so I decided to just make one sock twist the first way, and the second sock twist the second way. I think I might like it better anyway.

Well, one sock is done anyway. I'm so proud to have finally completed a sock that I'm proud of and actually plan on wearing. By this point, when I've finally stopped knitting long enough to update the blog, I'm halfway through sock #2.


And look at that pretty kitchenered toe! I have to say, the instructions for grafting in my big Vogue Knitting reference, completely messed up my last sock. I couldn't figure it out, and I knew it was too hard, since I'd seen it done on Knitty Gritty. I finally found decent instructions in my Scarf Style book. Nothing like a scarf book for good sock finishing techniques, huh?


And, while I do have 3 balls of the Cashmerino, I wasn't worried about running out despite my size 10 feet, but it still amused me to see what was left of my first ball after my first sock:


The sock looks really bizzare not on my foot. It's longer in the foot than in the ankle. Makes me feel like I have giant feet. Well, makes me feel like they're more giant than they actually are, because my feet are kind of huge. Can't wait to get started on my new jaywalkers, using those very pretty "bigger jaywalker" instructions. Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't get the sock over my heel.

No comments: